Safety & Education –
Duties of the Safety & Education Chair include:
- Develop and ensure all WC4WD Trail Guides receive appropriate training prior to engaging in guiding activities.
- Ensure WC4WD has a supply of Off-Highway Spill Kits available for purchase on the website and or rental at events if applicable, and communicate to the Board of Directors when replacement materials are required.
- Develop and review annually the WC4WD Vehicle Safety Checklist.
- Ensure Safety Checklists are used at trail activities and events.
- Develop Safety training for BOD, Trail Guides and Volunteers such as but not limited to:
- Trail building techniques, best practices and ethics.
- Safe Vehicle recovery techniques.
- First Responder such as but not limited to: Basic First Aid and CPR, Wilderness First Aid and Stop the Bleed. This training to be a certificate only requirement.
- Powered and hand
equipment safe practices to include chain saw and PPE requirements.
- Ensure any Heavy Equipment operators are educated and experienced.
- Ensure all training meets National, State and Local requirements (when applicable).
- Ensure all WC4WD Events have adequate safety measures in place such as but not limited to: Emergency Evacuation Points, First Responders and Professionally trained Emergency Personnel (when applicable).
- Develop and maintain a database of all training activities.